Spruce Solutions LLC
Branded as Spruce Interactive or Spruce.it
This document outlines our policies for web development projects and IT consulting. Please read it carefully, as it is intended to give our clients clear expectations regarding our billing practices and general business etiquette.
- Rates Our hourly rate is $115. All projects will be billed at this rate, and prorated to the nearest quarter hour. Projects currently under way will be completed at the rate agreed upon at the project’s inception. However, updates to these projects and future projects with the same client will be billed at our standard rate. Under special circumstances we are willing to negotiate a flat project fee. In addition to web development and IT consulting we also offer search engine optimization (SEO) packages for a flat fee of $750.
- Billables Consultations by phone, in person, or over e-mail that pertain to a past, future, or ongoing project will be billed at our hourly rate and prorated to the nearest quarter hour. Any travel expenses ineurred by request of a client will be added to that client’s next invoice.1
- Invoicing Projects lasting longer than 1 month will be invoiced monthly. Shorter projects will be invoiced upon completion. Flat fee projects will be invoiced for half of the agreed sum upon the project’s inception and the remainder upon completion. Ongoing IT consulting will be invoiced on a per session basis unless otherwise agreed. We require that invoices be paid in full within 30 days of receipt. All billings on completed work are non-refundable.
- Updates & Maintenance A project is considered to be complete upon launch (including “soft” launches), at which time the project’s final invoice will be sent. Any subsequent work is considered to be an “update” and will be invoiced monthly at the standard rate. Repairs needed due to the evolution of the internet (browser updates, language versions, etc.), client mishaps (“oops, I just hit a button and now it’s all gone… “), or acts of God (server failure, power outages, EMPs, etc.) will be billed as maintenance updates at the standard rate.2
- Third Party Modifications Our sites serve as our business portfolio, and we regularly direct prospective clients to completed projects for examples of our work. Therefore, we request that you notify us if a third party is making any modifications to a Spruce Solutions site.3
- Payment Method, Privacy & Security Spruce accepts checks and will soon accept Visa, Mastercard, & Discover on projects over $500 or that require recurring billing (e.g. monthly maintenance retainers). Invoices can be paid via http://spruce.it in our client portal area (under construction). All transactions are sent via SSL (secure socket layer) to our payment gateway (Authorize.net).We value our clients and their privacy. All personal information is used to ensure efficient processing of your invoice. We will not give, sell, rent, or loan any personally identifiable information to any third party, unless we are legally required to do so or you authorize us to do so.Our site uses an order form for clients to request information and services. We collect clients’ contact information (like their email address), and financial information (like their account or credit card numbers). This information is used to get in touch with our clients when necessary. i.e., in the event there is a problem processing an order, corporate changes, or changes in privacy practices. Financial information that is collected is used to bill our clients for products and services. Client ID numbers are assigned to each user to verify identity and for use as account numbers in our record system.Spruce takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line. When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and protected. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when you are just “surfing”. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or requests.
- As a reference for New York based clients: Spruce Solutions LLC is located in New Haven, CT. Travel from New Haven to New York City by MetroNorth rail costs $14 during off-peak bours and $18.50 during peak hours each way.
- Clients are responsible for generating and updating their own backup archives (both online and offiine), unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Dynamically generated content (e.g. blogs, Twitter feeds, text and media posted via CMS) is exempt from this stipulation.